Sunday, July 3, 2011

Introduction and Initial Thoughts

Hello, Everyone!

My name is Mary Susan Lucas and I am a student at UNC-Greensboro getting my Masters in Library & Information Studies. I am writing this blog as part of a summer school class in Electronic Resources for Youth. This is my first blog although I contribute regularly to the blog where I work at the Charlotte School of Law Library: http://charlottelawlibrary.wordpress.com/.

My son is twelve now but I remember all too clearly being worried about the television and video viewing choices that my husband and I had to make for him when he was little. Maybe in an ideal world we don't let our kids watch any tv but it is far from an ideal world for most parents. Most of us have to find a way to make a living and fix dinner and do the laundry and take a shower all while raising children.

So I want to reassure other parents out there and offer unsolicited advice to future parents that yes, you can let your child watch a moderate amount of tv and videos of the right kind and your kid will still turn out to be an honor-roll student, prolific reader and all around good citizen.

I welcome your thoughts and comments and suggestions for future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment